1 The Opportunity: Automation in Insurance and Financial Services
psKINETIC is a leading provider of intelligent automation solutions that enables rapid return on process automation. Our experienced team brings a blend of delivery, engineering and managed service capabilities to drive business change and deliver value for our customers. We work closely with our customers and use an agile framework to deliver high quality results at pace.
In terms of tech, we are one of the most experienced implementors of Appian (www.appian.com) globally with over 10 years of experience servicing large, blue chip customers such as AIG, Bupa, Goldman Sachs and Heineken. After a number of smaller RPA projects, we are now expanding our technology portfolio formally into RPA as an official BluePrism partner.
Our approach is based on a simple philosophy: The success of our customers and the success of our people are what matter most to us. We depend on finding great people and building awesome teams. We are a highly collaborative and motivated team with a huge focus on personal development and stretching people to meet their full potential.
2 Role Description
The Professional Services Director will drive fast, high quality delivery to our customers, challenging our team to get to answers more quickly and more efficiently and bringing an infectious energy and pace to our business. The Professional Services Director is accountable for the success of all client and internal projects, leading our pre sales, delivery, business consulting and engineering teams to deliver high quality solutions for our customers. In this role, you will act as a trusted advisor to our senior client stakeholders, using a consultative approach to solution design and delivery to understand and then solve their business problems. You will have direct leadership responsibility for our delivery and engineering teams (c20 people). The projects will range from a short, £20K discovery to a £1m+ implementation running over 10 months so you will need to be able to flex your approach to deliver in projects of varying scale and complexity. You will report directly to the Managing Director and work as part of the Executive Team, alongside our industry focused Client Partners who have responsibility for bringing in new business. This is a newly created role so you will have the scope to make it your own.
- Overall accountability for the delivery of a portfolio of projects on which you will be the escalation point and project sponsor
- Provide strategic advice into the solution design, programme and project delivery to ensure that our solutions solve our customers’ problems
- Support our customers to deliver business and organisational change
- Optimise return on Professional Services work through a focus on billable utilisation and driving high margin work.
- Provide hands on support on key projects, using your experience to identify when we have done enough analysis and pushing our team and the customer to make timely decisions
- Leadership of the engineering team
- Providing technical leadership to customers and internal teams covering data, solution, technical architecture, making sure that the solution is fit for purpose.
- Providing coaching and challenge to the engineering team to ensure that projects are set up, structured, planned and resourced in the most appropriate way
- Support the successful transition of projects into our managed services function
- Support pre sales activity to secure projects which lead to managed services contracts
- Build a scaleable delivery methodology, appropriate for the profile of our projects, which supports the growth of the business
- Ownership of the project management process design and governance and controls to improve delivery quality
- Develop and implement playbooks to improve efficiencies and standardise our delivery approach and activities
- Use a systematic and data driven approach to drive the development of the professional services function
- Measure and report on project status, taking action to mitigate any risks
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure that processes are followed internally
- Work with the Client Partners to maximise billable utilisation
- Support the Client Partners in winning new business, by instilling confidence in our delivery capability with prospective customers and leading early stage strategic discovery work with prospective customers
- Support the Client Partners in bid management by providing input into proposals and bid stages.
- Actively seek out opportunities for new business, highlighting and developing opportunities to the Client Partners / sales team
Team Leadership & Overall Company Contribution
- Lead a high performing team where each team member is fully engaged and making a meaningful contribution
- Inspire your team by setting out a clear vision for the future and creating a collaborative, open and engaging culture
- Drive the development of capability across the team to improve overall business capacity and develop team members to their full potential
- Act as a role model of the psKINETIC values and as an ambassador for psKINETIC at all times
- Work collaboratively with exec peers to grow psKinetic and deliver against our strategic plan
- Provide constructive and strategic input to board discussions, contributing to the development and delivery of the business strategy.
3 The ideal candidate will bring
- Experience in professional services / consulting with some experience of working for large consulting firm
- Experience of leading software or technology projects
- Experience of software development and leading technical teams (c20+ people)
- Track record of leading and building professional services solutions
- Consultative solution design and delivery expertise
- Experience in running a portfolio of varied services projects ranging from £20K discovery work up to £1m implementations.
- Senior client facing experience
- Inspirational team leadership and a commitment to developing your team
Attitude / Skills
- Highly driven, self-starter with a track-record of establishing deep and lasting client relationships
- A strong consulting skillset, are able to frame, structure and quality control a portfolio of complex projects
- Interested in software development and technology – you want to dig into the technical details and enjoy applying your experience in software development into new contexts
- Enjoy getting involved in the nitty gritty of key projects, working with the team to stretch their thinking and drive decision making
- Highly analytical and inquisitive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Innovative and creative – able to use conceptual and analytical problem-solving approaches to develop and deliver solutions that address our customer’s problems
- Credible, confident and articulate – you have excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver your ideas clearly, concisely to internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative – internally and with our customers
- Ideally you will have experience in the Insurance or Financial Services sectors
4 Application Process
- Interview with People Director
- Interview with Managing Director
- Personality Profile
- Final stage including: interview, presentation, case study and role play
5 Working with us
- Flexible working (in place pre Covid-19)
- Fantastic working environment with free fruit and drinks
- Great location opposite Waterloo station
- Friendly and welcoming team with an active social committee – monthly team get together; Summer and Christmas parties; team socials e.g. rock climbing, bake offs, murder mystery nights, quiz nights, summer games evenings, nerf balling – we do lots of fun stuff together!
- Support for professional development – external qualifications and structured in house development and talent programmes
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast growing and ambitious business
- 25 days holiday plus buy/sell holiday scheme
- Wellbeing allowance
- Opportunity for share ownership in the business (after first 12 months)