Intelligent Process Automation and AI is rapidly evolving virtually every industry and has become even more important during recent months.
How would you like to be able to sell some of the most exciting automation technology-based solutions to the insurance industry?
1 The Opportunity
Intelligent Process Automation and AI is taking over the world. Would you like to sell automation technology-based solutions to help the Insurer and Broker markets?
At psKINETIC we live by our strapline Smarter Software, Outstanding Implementation, Lasting Commitment. We are a leading provider of Digital Transformation delivered on the world-class software platform www.appian.com enabling rapid return-on-automation. With over 10 years of experience we have built up a unique understanding of this technology and an awesome professional services team. By working in partnership with our customers we deliver success faster, on time and on budget.
In parallel to scaling our tech and delivery capability, we are in the process of building a cracking sales and marketing team led by Manjit Rana. Manjit has recently joined the business to grow our insurance team and has a wealth of experience working in the insurance industry across the globe.
We believe we have a unique opportunity in front of us to build a large, a valuable intelligent process automation platform and professional services business:
(i) AI and digital transformation everywhere: The pressure is ramping up on organisations in every sector across the world
(ii) Our ecosystem exploding: The Appian software platform ‘jet fuel for digital transformation’ has hit the acceleration curve after its IPO and our partners in RPA (robotic process automation) is adding further fuel to this fire.
(iii) psKINETIC have been a strategic partner of Appian for over a decade; we have a strong partnership and are frequently invited to be key speakers at their conferences.
Our approach is based on a simple philosophy: The success of our customers and the success of our people are what matter most to us. We depend on finding great people and building awesome teams.
2 Role Description
This is a new business development role targeting the insurance market with an initial focus on the retail broker and Lloyds market space, however we are open to targeting other segments of the industry depending on the background and experience of the individual that is hired.
3 Job brief
As Account Executive you will source new named business opportunities and manage customer relationships. You’ll be directly responsible for the retention and expansion of our Insurance customer base.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced new business ‘hunter’ and comfortable dealing with senior business executives. You should be comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders and working with a structured sales process. Deal sizes can range can from £100k to £1m+
The role would suit a sales professional with 5+ years’ experience of selling into the Insurance sector, now looking to progress into larger, more structured sales opportunities. Due to the nature of automation technology you are likely to need to be able to identify challenges / problems faced by the prospect and work with the professional services team to come up with an effective solution. Your ability to be able to think creatively and ‘out of the box’ would be advantageous.
We expect you to be reliable, professional and able to achieve balance between customer satisfaction and a results-driven approach.
The goal is to find opportunities and turn them in long-term profitable relationships based on mutual trust and satisfaction.
• Create detailed account plans to meet goals and quotas
• Manage the sales cycle from qualifying a lead to securing a mutually beneficial deal
• Work closely with marketing on campaigns to support your own pipeline building
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with senior managers and C-Level Executives
• Act as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your sector and clients
• Work with marketing to conduct campaigns and research into target markets / accounts using a range of channels
• Attendance at networking and targeted events to support pipeline building
• Forecast and track prospect and key account metrics, prepare reports on forecast, account status and next steps
• Maintain accurate weekly sales forecast reports using Salesforce
• Develop trusted advisor relationships with key target accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
• Develop new business with primarily new prospects and then radiate within existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales targets
5 Approach to Work
• Self-motivated and goal oriented to achieve and exceed targets
• Exceptional organisational skills – proven ability to juggle multiple prospects/projects
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with particular strengths in developing and delivering presentations
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Great negotiation skills and commercial understanding
• Strong listening skills and the ability to adapt to different customers’ approaches
• Highly professional and credible with senior stakeholders
• Logical and clear thinker with excellent attention to detail
• A problem solver / ‘can do’ mindset and an openness to challenge and be challenged
• A passion for the use of technology as an enabler for change
• Willingness to travel in UK
6 Relevant Experience
• Sales Experience (new named and account management)
• 5+ years Sales Experience (Software and consultancy-based services) into the Insurance sector
• Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
• A good understanding of the broader insurance industry with a deeper understanding of one or more elements of the eco-system
• Proven achievements against target and building own pipeline
Salary: £50,000 – 60,000 per annum with a £100k OTE. Salary will be reviewed every 12months and we have a strong track record of rewarding our people for their contribution to our business
Perks: Being part of a social and friendly environment with a work hard play hard attitude. Frequent social events and company gatherings are arranged (with some fun thrown in). The working environment is made comfortable with open space lounge area for some quiet/chill time when required as well as fruit/refreshments being on offer daily.