What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing characters that is sent to your computer when you first visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
What types of cookies do we use?
We may use three types of cookies, which we describe in this section.
- Essential – cookies that are essential to provide you with services you have requested.
- Performance – cookies which measure how often you visit our sites and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our website, so that users have a better experience. For example, we may collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. We may also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, the Google Analytics cookie which gives information such as your journey between pages and whether you have downloaded.
- Functionality – cookies that are used to recognise you and remember your preferences or settings when you return to our site, so that we can provide you with a more personalised experience.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features may not function correctly. This information helps us improve our site and services to you.
To stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings, you can usually change these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you would like to find out more about privacy, cookies and their use on the internet, you may find the following links useful:
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This version was last updated: October 2018